W2 D2 :: Slowing things down

Today's plan - 8-10 miles @ 9/mm (ish)

Hit some new trails to explore - out past the golf course and into old Hardwick, on to Toft, up to the drift and back via Hardwick.

Not an awful lot to gain from that route if I am honest, it felt a lot longer than 8.5 miles but that may just be the pace.  Certainly felt the longest run of my many 8.5 mile route I see to have found!

Pace was very easy and it eased the legs off so it did the trick in that department.

Finished up after lunch with a 1.5 mile treadmill to get the daily total in.  Felt easy enough doing it this way.

Padded out the outside of shoes to ease off the foot and seems to be helping.

Tomorrow I'll stretch the legs a little bit on a shorter outdoor run and then go slightly longer on the treadmill to see how that feels.

Interesting running at this pace, I used to do 15 - 20 miles a week at +9/mm back in the day - I think there a lot to be said if you ave the time.  I know Turner used to knock out some 8:45/mm long runs to build the engine too.

5 days left to knock out before a rest day.  Can't say I am not looking forward to putting my feet up!

Would be good to find a longer route for Thursday run - maybe a 12 to get ahead of the game a bit.  In theory do something fast tomorrow, steady 7:30/mm Thursday and then slow again Friday should see me through to the weekend on target for 70 for the week.  A decent step up.

Weight isn't moving which is strange but possibly just retention.  I'm sure it'll shred at some stage.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block