Struggling

Tough one today, went to Parkrun course with the boys at lunchtime. Aim was to tempo the course and set some pace guides.  Warmed up but was clear my legs and foot were neither having any of it.

The 4% really didn't help the foot, and the lunges yesterday really didn't help the legs.

It's almost beautiful that we are not racing, removing the pressure removes the haze around decisions.

I'm week 4 of a 4 week plan, very little has gone to plan.  I just don't have the conditioning to do what I want to do.

I could simply drop the miles & s&c and knock out stuff that looks great on Strava.  But that's not me.

I really need to focus on conditioning work.  Lots of miles, tempo when I fancy it & LOTS of S&C.

The S&C is clearly what I am lacking.  My quads and hammys are fucked after yesterdays session.  It's what will make the biggest difference though.

Run wise I am pretty fit at the minute.  Low to mid 7s is very comfortable and I'm knocking on the door of high 6's.  Pace work is too hard, sub 6 pace is practically sprinting, I need to get myself into a position where it's not much of a stretch to get there.

I'll aim for 4 weeks of consistent base now. Easy - steady running mainly once per day with 4 x weekly S&C a/ hurdle work as a minimum.  That should get me pretty close I reckon.  Mileage targets when racing is off is a big motivator because it's pace that kills you.

Having a bit of a crisis of confidence with J running at the minute.  Looks really flat.  Sawyer boy has pushed on a level so everything remains the same.  Just hoping they eventually get to race this year!

For me it's a funny one.  DOMS like I have now depress me, I just need to stay strong to get through to the other side.

I'll aim at 60 miles nest week. No real structure, just take each day as it comes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block