Showing some form - week 2

Last week I was agonisingly close to 50 miles.  Not close enough that I could be bothered to get off my arse and jog to the 500m to the ford and back - but close enough to call it a wrap.

This week, I started with a rest day - planned because we were out to a charity dinner / drink up - and followed than with a pathetic hungover 2.8 miles @ 9/mm.

Followed up Wednesday feeling tired but getting a decent 4.5 & 5 double in with the 5 HR test actually being a pretty good session finishing with a 5.38 mile under control.  Thursday was again, really tired but plodded 7 miles and today, another 4.5 / 5 double. 

The above is a bit of drivel.  Reading back I am actually boring the shit out of myself.  The point is I have been really *really* tired this week, BUT I have managed to get out and when I have dragged my tired arse out, it's generally been OK.

I'm currently at about 40 CTL.  When I feel good, I pretty much feel really good.  The tiredness I'm believing is coming from a combination of (in no particular order) extra training load, hung over still from Monday, illness - there is something still not right & diet - the previous three (plus feeling down about running because I'm still trying to climb back up) push this.  It's all about slow changes becoming habbit so the idea is to keep training well, hopefully feel healthy again and then improve the diet.

Not racing has a huge negative effect on someone coming back to fitness. Running 18.17 for Parkrun early Jan off little training was a huge boost but pretty much everything and anything has stopped me racing again.  Being in a bit of a hole in training to push CTL really makes me feel low about everything but I have to trust the plan.

So the plan right now is to go 2 weeks bigger mileage (coming to the end of week 2), drop back to a 'classic' 40 next week with road tempo sessions and better pace - this should lighten the mood - and then a track focus week as per Jan / Feb sessions with about 25 miles all of which are good quality.

That's a 4 week cycle with a race in week 4 - that should give me enough of a boost to roll out once more and then we're into track season where I hopefully start in much better shape than last year.

So last 2 weeks of mileage (should be 49.6 & 42ish) have had a pretty decent pace.  Aim is to keep really start lifting the tempo pace over the next 4 weeks so that we are back at 10k under 6/mm which brings me into 16.xx shape.

Warmer weather will help too, it's a real shit looking out the window and seeing yet more rain.

Bit of a ranty, bleugh one today.  Just want to get it off the top of my head what I am doing.  4 week cycle with 2 weeks steady miles, 1 week tempo and one week speed and repeat almost to the session just to compare improvement.  Take's me to mid April when track season really starts.

After that I'll focus more on speed and quality - the 200's will drop to full recovery and maybe add in a weekend quality session.  Need to think more on that but either way the speed needs to come down and I need to get my head around running around 60 secs for 400m flat out somehow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo