Week #done

Another week training done and another week that feels wasted.

To be fair, I've not been feeling 100% - pretty sure it's not the c-bomb ... yet - and my foot has been playing up.

The basic structure of the week was there - pretty much plan was to run sub 7's steady for everything with some tempo thrown in.

Almost managed that. 5 days training.  2 steady runs well under 7's feeling good.  Long run at 7.02/mm will take that in the rain.  Tempo was poor - 5k at 6:04/mm feeling like a slug in treacle.  On top of that a very slow lethargic 3 mile plod on the way to watch the boy run in Liverpool.  Really just missed one session - sacked off and a few miles on a couple of runs so not a million miles off plan.

The big issue is the plantar issue on my right foot.  It's lingered for months really and only really went away with the hip injury.  It's annoying at best but painful at worst.  Not 100% sure how to deal with it.  I've iced, stretched, rolled etc. to maintain but it does feel like something is going to give at some stage.

Next week I'm playing by ear.  Track race Tuesday (if it's not cancelled) if - and it's a big if - my foot holds out.  With the world the way it is I'm kinda thinking to back off and keep everything steady for a while and just let the natural pace come down to the 6.2x range from the 6.5x.  Backing everything off for a month to take stock may not be a bad strategy from where I am as pushing on does not feel like an option right now.

Massively frustrating position to be in as I feel like I've been hanging out in the same shape for a while but in the big scheme of things - who knows right now !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo