Big brick

So Friday was Duathlon day!

Nice easy 4.5 mile loosener with some easy strides and drills and a brisk 6.05 mile, but mainly very easy running.

Spent a nice relaxing day chilling before the main session - 21 mile steady ride and 6 mile steady run.

Kye & Ed joined in the session so was great company. The ride was Ian T's hilly route and decided to hit a couple of hard segments. First one was the Rogues lane -> Church end and into Hiton (thought the segment was longer) but the 1 mile was 24.9 mph with me doing all the driving!

We rode fairly hardish into Fenstanton and up the hill. Kye put a shift in up front so I had a nice recovery. At the top of the 428 flyover down to Caxton turnoff I drove pretty hard. Kye held the wheeel and when he took the front obviously decided it was a bit windy and sat up! Nearly flew into the back of him !! Had some fun on the bumps from Bourn - Caxton before riding easy and the plan was to attack 100% flat out mt new segment from Caxton roundabout to Cambourne. Previous best was 25 mph on Jezobel but I floored this one and was seeing 28 mph when Kye took the front. Again, he folded in the wind (he stayed well wide so i couldn't draft lol)and I nicked through the inside. Really pleased with that burst and took Ian T's best time on that segment ;) and I got a 27mph avge for the segment and 2nd best overall. Happy days!

Rode easy back to the house and a quick transition into a run. We were all jelly legged and put out a good last few miles to run 43 mins for 6 miles with last couple at 6.52 & 6.29.

Was smashed after that, really tough day with 10 miles of running and a solid 65 miles of riding doing a lot of the work at the front. Really needed that day and was so chuffed that the boys could join me. If I can get company like this throughout the winter this Ironman will ride itself !!!

Curry and a few beers last night followed by kids party all day today and I managed a HR test run. Pleased with the results (7.28, 6.49, 6.32, 6.16/mm for 138, 150, 155 & 160bpm repsectively). Happy days, 1029 beats per mile on the run.

Aim is a hard 40 on the bike straight into a very easy 10 recovery to make a 50 mile ride. Hard depends on the conditions but I am hoping to keep it to 20 mph for the hard with some very tough hills. Should take me to 1.3, 29 & 75 miles for swim, run & bike in roughly 9 hours. Not exactly where I want to be but near as damn. I would like to be running another 10 miles and swimming 2 miles really. the bike will go up as I get on the turbo and I am not going to complain about my bike legs at the minute :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo