St Ivo Outdoor Center Track, California Road, St Ives

Interesting if title for an interesting blog. Actually just seeing if that gets picked up by Google! I rank on page 2 for 'p&d book' and have lots of hits for various injuries via google images. Interesting considering I just ripped the images off !!

So yesterday, again a classic nail hitting session from the plan. The plan says track session and track session I done - perfect!

Picked up Mr T on route and we get to the track half way through the warm ups (early starters??) 3 laps feeling rough and Mr T is already complaining.

Bit of stretching, strides and some tarting about (these boys absolutely love themselves!) and were off. 8 x 800. I set out with the slower of the 2 groups aiming at 2.45. Septic Dan leads off the first lap and Im blowing out my ass. 15 laps to go! Dig in a bit on lap 2 for a 2.39 (I have no Garmin so no idea of pace). Bit quick lads haha! Then we do a 2.43 that Brooksy leads out and much better. Next one is a 2.39 then I get asked to lead the next one. 2.38 with a real fast first lap (told you I have no Garmin haha). Funny part of this rep was watching Ian T sprint past to 600m and think the rep was done. Cue loads of shit about him not being able to count to 2 plus he was hanging anyway so was funny watching him struggle and moan because that's usually me :) Especially on a bike!! If I was fitter I would have been giving him stick while he was running.

Next few reps I lead out and Johnny Uff takes over 2nd lap and Brooksy is running with us. Don't think John and I have ever actually run a session together - usually one of us is much much fitter than others so really nice to actually nail a session with him!

Last rep I lead out DC & Ian T in about a 72 then hang in for a 2.29. Monster for me haha but the boys nail a 2.25 with a classy Ian T sprint at the end. He's hanging out his ass after a tough session so no crazy sprint just one to catch up - good work fella!

Everyone grafted for the first proper winter session on track and a good turnout last night. Plenty of banter, if I kept it down I may run a bit quicker!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo