Races in the diary

It's the halfs for me - Cambridge Half Marathon in March and Outlaw Half Ironman in June. 2 races that are key springboard to my A races - London Marathon and Ironman Zurich. They should both give me a really good indicator of where I am at.

The entire #stIvesElite will be at the Cambridge Half for a smackdown and PB fest. Quick course, local knowledge and local pride at stake. I have no idea what sort of shape to expect to be in but sub 75 always seems a reasonable and achievable target at any stage. If I nail it at St Neots then that will be seriously re-assesed!

Outlaw 70.3 will be an Ironman pace and nutrition plan. I will hope to see how the legs and body hold up to longer and harder racing. All the brick sessions in the world wont give me the same feed back as race conditions. Plan will probably be swim - whatever happens happens and get used to being swum over, under and across. Bike - smash it to bits, 56 miles should be fine but make sure the nutrition is nailled on. Run - hard and comfortable. Marathon HR and a good pace is key and I just want to know that I am feeding properly off the bike. Ian T joined me for this, he didn't hessitate to get involved, the lad is an absolute animal and up for anything. I should have invited him to Zurich :)

So that's given me a nice boost. I have some good races lined up and I'm excited to race again. It's been a long sabattical but even though I've lost, gained, lost and gained again fitness what I have really gained since my last race at London is mental strength - I have my mojo back and I have a plan :) I may have mentioned fitness is just a state of mind for me and mental strength for me is bigger and better than any training I will do.

Good swim set today, body was battered so I headed to Manor of Groves pool and just did 1000m of easy / steady swimming taking it easy and feeling long and strong. Stroke feels more powerful and I feel like I am there in terms of stroke count. i just need to get more power through the stroke, build swim fitness and iron out my technique. Really happy with where the swim is at right now.

Tomorrow will knock out an 8 mile tempo-lite (marathon HR), Friday a 21/6 brick session and Saturday rest. plan is for 40 on the bike Sunday nice and early but will see the lie of the land indoors. I have power in the mancave now so no excuse not to turbo and I will be making the most of that over the coming weeks :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block