Mr Preston here is your arse

Lets start with a positive - DC will love that !! I got a run and a bike in for 2.10 training time today. An easy run and an easy bike.

Well easy bike on paper. Base work.

Only it wasn't, I properly had my arse handed to me by Mr Turner!! He turned up on his single speed bike. That means he cannot free wheel. And he's got one gear.

So basically he's on a BMX.

We set off for an easy 30, first 5 or so downhill feeling ok but need to warm the legs up. First hill (incline) is at Maddingly. As soon as it's up my quads decide its not for them thank you very much. I am miles behind mr T and blowing out my arse already.

Similar story on the bump to Comberton, thinking I was improving on the bike - think again!!! Catch Ian on the downhill (as he needs to do about 4000 rpm) and on the flat it's fairly ok. I feel shit but were getting along about 19 mph on the flat.

Next up church hill. This is one steep fucker and about 4 yards in I am already wheezing. Amazingly set a pb on the climb according to Strava which is not surprising as its the first time my chain hasn't dropped!

Fly down and catch Mr T who is back peddling and doing wheelies.

Bit fucked now, having no quads kind of limits your cycling enjoyment.

We head to Wimpole hill next. Just an incline but my quads are not game whatsoever and my body refuses to put any effort in. I crawl to the top and before you know it were on the B1198. In the dark. Which means I have to lead out with the BMX bandit following with his flashy lights.

Head to Bourne for some more uphill madness. Actually think I am bonking by this stage which is pathetic! Eventually we hit Camborne where Ian probably went and did it all again this time at a reasonable pace.

Get home and pretty much fall off the bike fucked. What an awful ride. But as DC would say look at the positives. I now have a muddy bike to clean (WTF!!!)

Not sure what the fuck went wrong there. I am tired but an easy bike should not be killing me yet! Also why are my quads so creamed? I haven't biked for a week or so!!

Maybe they don't like BMXs ???? Ho hum, ironman training is all about being shit and tired and the getting slightly less shit and slightly more tired every week. This is going to be a fun 40 weeks !!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo