Lazy track session

Monday was an exceptionally slow 10k at lunch followed by a 35 min turbo session with 4 x 30 secs at about 30 mph with steady spinning. Pretty standard day really and I'll mix it up with some swimming in future. Hours in the bank kind of day. Hip was grumbling like a bastard at the end of it though. Think I'm getting a bit old for all this shit!

Today was just a track session. Not just any session but a lazy ass session. Picked up mr T and junior and tried to kill us all with my shite driving skills but alas that could not stop us getting there.

DC set a session that sounded like a timetable for a southern league with 200s 400s 800s and mile reps all mixed up in a big confusing bundle. As I was looking for 4 x mile without pushing my old man hips too hard I decided to do just that. So as the boys chatted and did their hair I set off on my simple session!

First rep 5.50 felt easy but boring. Walked 200m and wondered what I was doing there. 2nd rep in 5.39 then 5.31 and 5.30. Progressive - not text book I know and at that pace I should be doing 6 or 8 reps but I was not in the mood. As much as nurofen had held my hips together my calves were well fucked off to be on the track again. Did I not remember they had popped twice this year after track!

So happy enough with the session, boys were running 5.20 and below for thier reps and if I was in the mood I'd be hanging in for 3 laps of that. Run is better, reckon I could do with another hard run and some more miles this week but it's coming back a bit.

Will run and bike tomorrow, hopefully fog pisses off so we can get a longish bike in but think that's wishful thinking going by last couple of days.

Wondering if I am getting much fitter, need to race to find out I guess. Or maybe just use my HRM?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo