Solid week plan

Thursday, after a long day at work I could only manage a steady - hard 5 mile run. 6.40ish pace and felt really tired. Wasn't great and I had only 40 mins to run but I was glad I did something with a decent level of effort.

Today is brick Friday. Wenny turned up for what turned out to be 20.5 mile on the turbo trainer straight into a 10k run. The aim is to get this session to 30 miles so just over a quarter ironman! Paces were 19.1 mph on the bike and 7.30 pace on the run.

Legs and body absolutely smashed to bits from track tuesday and 2 swim sessions.

Although this week hasn't been amazing volume the outline for the week looks great for me and suits my plans right now.

Monday 10k jog and swim technique session Tuesday intervals Wednesday easy day prob swim or bike or both Thursday steady - hard run Friday brick session 2-3 hours Saturday rest Sunday long bike or long easy run

I can adapt that to get a longer week in or a more focused week. This week I imagine Sunday will be 8/9 mile run Sunday evening so that will give me a good swim and run volume for the week. The bike I can raise next week. Simples!

Mancave is really coming along, can turbo in front of the telly now already and in 2 weeks I reckon it'll be totally done minus some home comforts!

Looking forward to tomorrows rest day, I am so bloody tired it's untrue! Actually feels good though as I have nailed some good sessions and got work done on a battered body.

Rest = adaptions so looking to see how the cycle goes next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo