Easing into the run

Rest day yesterday after 8 days training - a good streak for me, in fact best for some time! Had meetings in London and a pretty small hangover after seeing Michael McIntyre at the O2 the previous evening. 5 beers was all I had and that was enough to take the edge off ! Actually think lack of sleep accounts for more 'hangover' than drinking nowadays. So today, worked from home and all 3 kids at school / nursery and made the most of time off with a solid 7 mile trail run (Ange joined on her bike) at 7:37/mm and 144bpm feeling really easy. Legs felt good and around that route it's not criminal for me! Did a 10 min tinkering with the Tri bike and 30 mins conditioning tonight (glutes & roller). Was going to do a turbo session but not having the cadence / speed meter on the tri bike makes it too hard. Will have to get another one set up on that this month ! Feeling a little like I have something in my system as well. Diet / sleep not helping with recovery but lungs felt cool when running but little over fatigued afterwards. Tomorrow is a big day though - 5 miles loosener in the morning with some strides to tee me up for the main session. 20 miles on the bike and 6 mile brick. Looking to extend those numbers over the winter and move to indoor biking but Friday is going to be my big volume day in prep for Zurich. Apart from that all is good. Want to swim some time soon, really enjoyed the pool the other day. That seems to be back on a positive curve. Biking has improved out of all recognition - in fact need to wind my neck in a bit from getting over confident. Run is coming along slowly but once I start getting some consistent weeks and sessions in it will be fine and back in the 1.18 half range where I need to be. No races lined up so head down and train hard !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo