Big commute miles

Nice commute to work and back yesterday - 34 miles each way. 17.9 mph avge on the way in and 19.1 on the way home. Really pleased with that as I'm not feeling great and the riding was comfortable.

I am definitely progressing from time on the bike and I have a 50 with Ed on Sunday morning for some nice weekly hours this week. I need to focus more specifically on the bike going forwards though so turbo sessions in the mancave will be target rides from here to the new year.

Bike wise I would say that 19 mph is pretty much my Ironman pace (as a runner firstly I convert all my running sessions around what marathon pace is). I still don't have the legs for 112 miles yet but I would say that's a reasonable assumption of where I am.

The commute is brilliant for me, it's quiet, it's hilly and it has some good fast sections but there are too many 'school runs' and lights on the way for me to take too much notice of average pace. I am planning to do blocks of 2/3 commutes per week next year on bike focus weeks where I'd be aiming at 250-300 miles of biking per week to get a good solid base.

Still not 100% - managed a very gentle 10k on Monday and a 30 min swim on Tuesday but I am not feeling great at all. Will run an hour tonight and then it's 2 days off as I am away to Edinburgh for 2 days for a piss up. Should be a reasonable week in terms of hours but in real terms it's been a recovery week as I try to break whatever is in my system.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo