Key sessions?

I have no idea, I guess I should do something like -


2 x swim per week
5 x run per week
3 x bike per week

Does this sound about right? Maybe I could do 1 less run. Fuck knows. I'm only writing this blog to make it look like I'm doing work while the wife tidies the house ;)

So what does this break down as? I want to prioritise as many short cuts as possible, I reckon where I am at now that's lactate work (oh fancy eh).

Swim - just sort my pony technique out and drills. Pool time in my new floaty shorts I ordered from eBay to keep my fat ass high in the water. Oh, so that's swim done. Do some, simple as that. Sort your arms out too. Think I need an underwater iPod as its fucking boring doing 100 lengths in a 20m pool while a load of coffin dodgers do 'aqua aerobics' in half the pool. Suppose they warm it up a bit when they piss themselves?

Bike, well my bike coach seems to have given up on me! I'll have to work this out Han solo. Too cold to go outside and I've all but done the mancave now so indoor cycling for me (what a ponce eh)!

I reckon if I do 1 x 2/12 hour ride (don't worry that will start at 90 mins) easy spinning at 18mph phil graves style, 1 x fake spinning DVD of 50 mins, 1 x threshold intervals - 2 x 10 mins with some 30 sec bursts. It all looks amazing on here but will I do it? Oh, if my coach or kye or ed fancy a ride I'll add that as a bonus ball.

So biking looks sweet. Not a lot of volume but until I win the lottery and retire to boulder I'm not going out much in the cold.

Running, this ones easier. 1 x track session of miles and up. Not flat out but harder than tempo. 5k pace. 1 x hard 8 mile run. When I'm fit I love these. Threshold intensity 157-162 bpm. 1 x andy work river run, 1 brick run off the long bike, 1 longer run.

Bloody hell that looks like a good plan. So what's the priority??

  1. brick session (150 bike, 45 run)
  2. 8 mile threshold
  3. DVD bike
  4. andy river run
  5. technique swim
  6. track session (not really but keep DC happy)
  7. interval bike
  8. long run
  9. 2nd swim

Long run is way down the list but not so important just yet. Plus I hate long runs - go figure!!

Weekly looks something like this -


Monday - andy river run & DVD bike
Tuesday - track session
Wednesday - technique swim & interval bike
Thursday - long run OR 2nd swim
Friday - brick session
Saturday - REST family day
Sunday - 8 mile threshold

Think that's everything? Weekends clear for the kiddies, long day Friday, will switch up long run and swim on Thursday?

Discuss..... Comment here not of twitter (ffs my followers seem ashamed to make blog comments apart from mr Day !!)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo