More patience - so unlike me !!!

Planned to run tonight - would have been 3 days in a row.  Decided to be sensible and sack it off and do the rehab work instead.

Really feels like it's coming back together.  Jesus there is a long way to go before I'm even running completely niggle free but it feels like things are heading in the right direction.

Will run steady tomorrow, rest Friday and Parkrun Saturday.  No real idea what I can run but 6/mm does seem feasible off what I did at Christmas.  That would be a decent starter - then we're at least in the stadium car park if not the ball park and certainly not swinging !!

So plenty of work tonight, and tomorrow attempt 10k @ 7.30/mm - the acid test. Longest run since 10th November. If all is good I will put Monday next week as the start of proper training.  If not - well, it's back to rehab and no more than 5 miles.

Bit annoyed not running tonight but it's a good sign that I want to and I'm not hobbling about.

So Indoor 3k on March 1st - that'll be the target.  Club record is 10.01 I think so a real stretch target but being shorter it at least means I can focus on less volume and bringing the pace down.  From there at least I can scale up to 5k.

Jesus, thought of running on track seems utterly insane at the minute!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo