Week 1 Day 1 .... it begins

blah blah blah

So we start the build phase and I consider myself back in training proper.  That means a weekly structure and targets etc. etc.

So today the plan was actually just S&C (as I was planning hills yesterday). As I fucked myself up doing hills I did the S&C plus 4 miles.

The 4 went well to be fair.  7.02/mm avge and nicely progressive from 7.30 - 6.40 ish.

Back for a roll and a stretch.  That's much needed now to stay on top of the hip.

HR today was much much better than it has been.  148 bpm avge (with a stop or 2 for a quick stretch) compared to 154 a couple of weeks ago for 7.30.  The fitness is there, somewhere and the conditioning is coming back.

Compared to previous comebacks, I'm clearly a lot sharper.  I have a decent base and it's not far away. It would be nice if I could get close to previous shape in the next 4 weeks - or at least by end of Feb.

This weeks plan looks something like this -

Mon - Easy (4)
Tue - Long intervals - 3 x km & strides (4)
Wed - REST
Thu - Easy (6)
Fri - Steady (6)
Sat - Long run (8)
Sun - Steady (5)

33 miles

That would be a big step up from where I am now.  Easy / Steady will be done on PE as HR is flying by the end of a given run or after a big hill.  It's just revving too high even when it feels easy.

Lots of easy and steady running to get the base in. Get that up to 40 in the next few weeks and then look to push onwards and upwards with the quality.  I'll Parkrun whenever I can to benchmark.  Would be nice to be able to keep the HR strap on for the data as it keeps slipping lol

Target wise, obviously sub 18 is the initial target (I should be able to do that at Gt Denham on a good day now) but 17.30 is the obvious one.  Once I crack that out we are shifting close to where we need to be.  Sub 17 is another target on the horizon but this time I want to just head down and keep going from there rather than getting stuck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo