Streak

5 day streak with today's run, longest since start of November. Felt OK, just a very easy run over the trails but nice to feel that things are definitely improving.

It's crazy how up and down it goes.  After Friday's pain I had real doubts I was on the mend.  But good day - bad day is starting to slowly turn into longer streaks of good days.  Important not to do anything silly and fuck shit up but I do have aims and ambitions.  Shit, I am not getting any younger !!

Weight was better today, back down to 10st 11lbs which is only a couple off where I got to when I was on a good run of form.

Interesting looking at planning now, and the aim is much higher than previous.  The race to get back to proper fitness as quickly as possible just hitting those mile stones.

Fingers crossed bank a sub 18 and then down towards 17.30 before the end of Feb.  From then on, I reckon I should be a t full steam and ready to put the sessions in.

Focus will be around track and speed.  2 sessions per week, probably keep things similar and based on those Daniels sessions - 200,200,400 x 4 - that sort of thing.  Once I am starting to move and feeling confident I'll think about bringing in real speed.  Would be nice to get back towards shifting over 800m and to get there I'll need to shift over 200m !!

One tempo session per week - the 6 mile hill session is bang on for that.  I really enjoy threshold work, once you are banging out sub 6's it's easy tp get the head around.

A long run, a Parkrun at tempo every other week and some easy running.  Pretty obvious stuff, just need to build in slowly.

How low can I go? Last time out everything was about firstly getting into sub 17 shape.  Once I got there I didn't want to loose it.  Now, it's shit of bust at running quick.  Track rankings for V45 are more 'attainable' so would be nice to get some decent form and start raking.

Few club records to look at and there is always the 'chase.  Strength work continues with the band but I need to focus on plyo and dynamic strength before I can even consider climbing a hurdle.

Decent few days, will just keep ploughing away now and hopefully bank more form and loose more weight.  Target is 100 miles for Jan and I'm 87 in with 4 days to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block