Eeeeeeazzeee

Easy run day planned today, 10 at a nice and slow 9.30/mm (sub 130 bpm).  Legs feel ok -ish this morning so I'd imagine I can talk myself in to it.

Mileage is good this week. 20.2 in 2 days and another 10 today gets me ahead of schedule.

Yesterday was pretty much perfect. 8 miles in the morning at 8:14/mm and weight down to 11st 1lb so very close to the target!

In the evening I ran with Jacob to his session.  Easy warm up and cool down with 3 x 750m around the lake.  His session was to float them - hard effort but just dial back the pace to feel comfortable and confident. He ran all 3 of his in 2.13 so around 2.23 pace for 800m. It's frightening how easy he looked at that pace.  I did the middle one with him just to open the legs out and was surprised to kick out a 2.26 (5:19/mm) which on battered & tired legs I was pretty happy with.

Today's run is a replication of my old training when I'd run 10 miles with Andy at work at a nice easy 9-30/mm every week.  It's a proper recovery pace and it achieved 3 aims - 1) It's a bonus 10 miles in the bank 2) It's recovery so I'm 10 miles further ahead and feeling better than when I started and 3) this pace builds masses of economy.

For any pace snobs, I was doing these sessions around running 75 for a half marathon and 26.47 for 5 miles so poke it !!

I'm convinced that people don't do enough work in these areas.  A decent 'time on feet' run every week should be a corner stone for people doing marathon training IMO.

I'm still feeling that lethargy from upping the miles.  TP has my fatigue consistently high for around 2 weeks.  This is where I like to push through to fitness.  I'll rest once I get to the point that the fitness is where it needs to be.  The fatigue is king at the minute, it's a balancing act and I'll probably go too far but that's the thing that's going to propel weight loss and fitness.

Legs are interesting.  The lower weight is 100% having a better effect on the niggles but they are still not 100%.  However it's not stopping me.  I've not needed any nurofen to be able to run this week so very good sign.  Interestingly (for me) the left shin prefers tarmac and settles down on a consistent surface at better pace but the right achillies feels better on grass / trails.  Maybe I'll run one on / one off.

So ....  not sure how today will go.  I'll deliberately slow the pace right down but I have a feeling it'll be a long slog to get it done.  Tomorrow I want to get up the track in the evening and that'll be my only speed session this week so touch wood the recovery run does what it says on the tin.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block