Bleugh

Last few days have been serious bleught - could not really be arsed and when I did I've felt pretty lethargic and drained.

Just decided to take my foot off the gas.  Form isn't going to go anywhere overnight. Rest Wednesday, pilates plus 9 easy and 3 recovery Thursday, easy 5 Friday and a shuffle 2 and steady 4 Saturday.  Sounds a lot but leaves me on 38.4 for the week with a day to go.

Running on the road today at a steady pace (6:54/mm) reminded me how much easier it is on roads compared to trails. I think maybe while I'm not 100% sticking to the roads might be a confidence builder. Even crossing the M11 flyover today my HR sky rocketted on the up but coming down I felt quick and easy.

The niggles most definately havn't gone but they are much much better and dare I say almost passed.

It would be nice to get into a pair of track spikes before the season is out.

Talking of track, real proud dad moments today. Sawyer boy with an awesome 2:49 for 800m followed up by a 2:11 for Jacob getting bronze in the u15 boys. Amazing to watch the boys tread in my footsteps.  To be fair they're both going better than I did at their age.

Hopefully next week I'll feel a bit better. As weight is borderline where it needs to be I'd like to start factoring in another session and start thinking about racing.

Ideally a week would have float session (3 x 800m in 2:28) a short tempo (4 miles) and a hard parkrun or broken session like 2 x 15 mins MP/HMP.  At the minute I keep the miles high and the double days really to get the weight down but in season I need a bit more quality.  Saying that, I'll stick to the miles whilst it's working !

Run with DC tomorrow at his easy pace so likely to be 7/mm #ouch

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo