Missing me??

I don’t measure fitness by the sessions, I measure it by the easy & recovery runs.

Obviously they all help but when I’m running nice and relaxed on my easy runs and the pace is around 7.30/mm I know I’m well on the way.


Sessions I can rest up for or push much harder than I thought but the easy runs do it for me.

Yesterday I had the first glimpse of that. Felt tired beforehand and first mile was an 8/mm shuffle but settled nicely and clipped along. Unfortunately had a coughing fit at 4.5 miles - probs hay fever - then at 5 ended up coughing so much I yacked up my lunch 🤮

Trotted back, disappointed because I was really (finally) enjoying that run ! Never mind, green shoots and all that.

54.7 miles banked, biggest week for many years. Weight feels stable although there’s still a rubber ring around my gut ! I think 3 or 4 more weeks of that will get me in the right place to think about racing again #maybe

Really enjoying the challenge of the #runback its been tougher than I thought. No idea what shape I would be in rested because my fatigue is through the roof at the minute. I’ll probably need a rest day this week but the plan is still as-was - to get as many miles in as possible until the weight is where it needs to be.

Today set out for an easy run - 6/7 miles.  Started off and from the gun felt shocking. Thought about binning after half a mile but decided to just plod it out as a recovery.  Pace was awful & felt shocking but 5 easy miles in the bank and to be honest weight loss feels much better today - like it's starting to happen.

Clearly not 100% at the minute so I'll play it be ear. Back home tonight so I will roll and stretch and get an early night.  Plan tomorrow is 4.5 on the easy route in the morning and a more productive 5 in the evening while Sawyer is training but again I will play it by ear.

Feeling much better about running after last week. Suprisingly enjoyed the challenge of going over 50 again. Think that's my biggest week (Mon-Sun) since 2013 but either way def on a bigger streak the last 5 weeks than I have for years.  It's nice to bank 50+ without a long run too.  I'm still not a fan but in the next 2 weeks I need to ban a solid long run as a harder session @ ~7/mm ish.  The adaptions of that from what I have been doing is too much to ignore.

Plan this week - keep doing what I have been. There's no day I can't replicate. I'd like to run a bit steadier tomorrow and get a track sesh in on Thursday but the priority is still the volume until the weight turns.

Weigh in tomorrow post run #exciting



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo