Back into the swing

Last few days have been very lethargic. Trail running from home has felt very ploddy, really struggle to get anything remotely like decent pace going.

Last night I cracked out a decent 4 miles in Cambridge whilst Jacob waited to watch the county champs 1500m. 4 miles at 6:54/mm - felt pretty tough if I am honest BUT it was much better than it has been.

Today, set out to Cambourne to run on the roads. More than anything just to see if sticking to tarmac would make a decent difference to pace.  Actually felt confident that I felt better on the drive so good signs.

Set off at an OK pace. HR nice and low and pace settled in the first mile (started at about 7:50 pace) to around 7:10 pace.  Felt much better that I have been lately and clipped the miles of nice and progressively bringing the overal pace down to 6:48/mm by 8 miles. Last mile was a little bit of an effort but I think that was just reaching.

Definately healthier than I was, last week has been a struggle but that's a good run to back up Tuesday.

I'll get a couple of easy runs done tomorrow and then settle just for the same Tempo on Tuesday with a bit of recovery.  Weight seems to be OK now so I can look to start prioritising a bit of pace at less miles and build from there.

46 miles for the week, not as high as I'd like but with a total rest and some lethargic days I'll take that for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo