Feeling Hmmmm

Interesting stat - I am currently ranked 2nd V40 in the UK over 1000m.  Impressive huh !!  Not really, there's only about 9 of us that have done it but still looks good on my Power of 10.  To be fair that's a bit like a duathlon stat ;)

9.8 miles @ 8:56/mm yesterday. Legs were truely battered, exactly how I need to be feeling.  Totally ruined but that fatigue pays back double.  30 miles in 3 days too, on for a decent mileage week by some way.

The weight post run was also down to 11st 0.6 lbs - agonisingly close to target. 

I'll whisper it but since I've been training solo I have started to fall back in love with running again.  It's not that I'm unsociable or bored of the same old banter but there is zero pressure on any run.  If I want to go easier I can, if I want to go shorter, further, faster I'm not getting pulled along I set my own agenda.  It'll change once I am fit but for now, being able to plod at 9/mm because it feels good is a nice place to be.

Planning training & races for the boys over the next month or so is interesting. Sawyer is much less stress, he's too young for any structure so it's all about fun and maybe 2 or 3 runs per week.  Jacob is a bit different, he's got some races that he wants to do well in so it's abiyt seeing how far he can go without feeling too serious, well not this year!

From my point of view I am hoping to either run 1500m at Corby or 800m at St Ives in a few weeks. Then start looking at the Peterborough 5k series next month.

Tonight the plan is to go to the track and do either some 800s or 200s and stretch the legs. They're pretty battered right now but I think they'll be alive to get something done. But if they aren't we'll just jog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo