Hanging shuffle

Rested yesterday for Ange's birthday.  An all-dayer in London was great fun but ended up with a kicker of a hangover this morning.  To be fair it's not that bad but having had a good break from drinking sessions recently I'm just not used to it and am not in a hurry to do it again!

Got out at about 5pm for an easy 5.  Knee swelling had gone down but it still feels something (or maybe it's just in my head) - either way I planned to keep it easy just to keep things in check.

Standard 5 route and worked pace down to finish with 5.14 mile @ 7:20/  @ 144 bpm for 1040 b/mi.
Pretty efficient run even by current standards.  Legs felt a little on the heavy side as they have done post rest day recently but I'd say all-in-all I'm pretty happy with that.  knee again does not hurt, is very slight swelling but seems fine #touch wood#

This week has been very good in terms of ticking boxes but on the light side of mileage.  That's something I have to work away from - constantly thinking about miles.  I've got a track session, a solid long tempo, a solid semi-tempo checked and a long(ish) run tomorrow all ticked - that's perfect week in my book and the mileage around that is mainly easy / recovery stuff.  I'm in the golden position of not needing to worry about weight (at the minute) so just focus on getting those sessions nailled and keeping the body healthy!

Off to the Diamond League athletics in London tomorrow so need to get up early to get the long run in the bag.  Aim for 60-80 mins running easy pace which at 7am isn't anything special!

Main thing is no niggles - shins and knees behave - and then next week bank another consistent training week.  Away in Munich for a few days so will plan around that but main focus is track & tempo!  I'll probably do some tourist miles when I'm away.

Next Parkrun is likely to be 3rd August - that's a couple of weeks to get my head around early starts.  Think it'll be a semi race effort - testing pace. If everything goes well that'll be around a 5.15 start and see if I can hold 5.20 for 2nd mile just to see a) have I improved fitness and b) how many matches I'll have to throw on the fire in the last mile to get a time.  All being well I'll go again late August for a proper attempt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block