Easy Steady

Easy & Steady double day today.  Yesterday 8 @ 7am was a bit of a shocker, so a nice easy 3 mile loosener early doors followed by a steady 5 late afternoon in the sun.

The loosener was a very easy 8:34/mm and the steady 5 was 6:52/mm.  Nice pace in the conditions and I cut the planned 10k a mile short because the HR would be high because of the heat.

Nice to feel a little quicker after the weekend. In typical style I get myself nice and confident and then get shit faced on a rest day and can hardly put one leg in front of the other!  Back to track tomorrow night for 8 x 400m.  Plan is to get them sub 75 pace but we'll see how that goes.  I think I need them to be around 70 secs by the end of this phase so it'll be interesting to see how far off I am!

Did hurdles and ladders today for first time.  Def feel the benefit around ankles and knees, those and the high steps should address the lack of strength issues I have. Will be work in progress though, don't expect to see the benefit until late winter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo