Track session with the boys

... my boys!  I can't say how strange it is to run a track session with my kids.  Sawyer's coach didn't turn up so he ran with us.  With my need for speed and Jacob needing 1500m sessions this worked out perfect.

2 x (4 x 200m). A proper old school standard session from the history books.  Started Sawyer 20m up and he finished just in front of me on most.  Jacob obviously strong in front averaging 29.xx with me in 32/33.xx and Sawyer probs running equivalent of 35 secs per rep which is way under 800m pace.

Very sureal but proud dad moment, even though I was still trying to beat them lol !!

So, the session was the first track session for a while and the start of a new phase of training. The aim - get some speed in the legs and get used to buffering pace at much faster than race pace.  The limiting factor is still flat speed so it was nice to push that.  I think I can bring these down over the next few weeks back into 30.xx range which will be the target.  Off pretty much zero speed work I think this is a decent start, it will be interesting to see how quickly things adapt - certainly track paces over 400m & 800m in the next couple of weeks.

Legs actually feel OK afterwards. Will do the usual rolling and stretching.

Plan tomorrow is 10k easy and I'm hoping recent recovery remains the same and I can ease back to a slow pace rather than be forced there. Thursday will be the tester and I need to keep the HR under control rather than push the pace I want to see.  It's a long battle and no point rushing things now.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block