Conditioning

Woke up this morning and my legs were properly fucked.  Coming down stairs I had practically marked it as a rest day.

After some easing off and walking about, have to say they started to come to life but started today's easy run not expecting much.

Eased in to the run and after a few mins I have to say the legs felt absolutely bomb proof.  Easy 6.5 miles on the trails @ 8.06/mm avg for 139 bpm - bordering on recovery run effort.

On a 9 day streak currently with tomorrow to come then a rest day Friday for Ange's birthday.  That streak has had 2 races, a long run, a semi tempo and a track session so a solid block banked. The conditioning in the legs is up there with the best I can remember.  Late part of last week I really struggled to get over runs but the recovery this week is bang on.

Really pleased with this block and looking forward to tomorrows tempo. It's been about 3 weeks since I last did a proper threshold - 4 miles @ 6.09 (including 'the hill') withn a 10k at ~6.20 avge

It'll be interesting to see if I can keep to close to 6/mm. I'd imagine the HR will be elevated from fatigue and heat but we'll try and keep some discipline!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo