Kettering 1500m

1500m last night.  Actually really look forward to track races again. I can't believe I didn't take it up again years ago.

I have to say, bang for buck, track racing is so much more enjoyable than road racing.  It's considerably more measurable against itself.  The pace is always quicker. It's over faster. The national rankings are achievable.  Time commitment is much less.

So we can say I am enjoying it!

Last time out, after an 800m I ran 4.45.0 so I was confident I could go sub 4.40.

Lined up in race 2 (the faster one) and the only Vet n the field. (Age based, I'm not good with animals).  Set off and immediately gapped by 8 kids.  Settle in and pass 200m in 35 and relax down the home straight.  Through the lap in 71 - faster than I have gone over 800m this year!

Lap 2 start working hard and feel pretty good about today.  Pass an ambitious starter and through 800m in 2.26.

Keep digging to pass the km in 3.03 - this was training pace for intervals in 2010/2011 lol

Hit the bell in around 3.23 so know that the 4.40 is ON!  Relax to 200m and then hit it as hard as I can (this really isn't very fast!). 

Cross the line 7th place in 4.38.93.  Really pleased with that.  It's off zero track work and just off some recent 5ks and tempo runs.

Jacob came 3rd in 4.29.03.  He was a bit gutted but he looked lazy and heavy today.  Will be a different story in Watford in a couple of weeks.

Finished and practically sprinted to get Sawyer boy to the start of his 200m and ready to go.  He was in a photo finish for his 200m in 30.x which a year under age u13 is pretty phenomenal.  Jacob only ran 30.01 a year older !!  I still think he can go way faster than J as an u13 and next year he will be something else.

Southern League 3k on Saturday - another race another chance to get a ranking.  Looking forward to that.  Should be capable of around 9.45 is all goes well.

Really need to look at starting the intervals now.  Training is going well and I am getting a HELL of a lot of return for the effort I am putting in but I need to look at maximising that return.  If I am runnign on track I have to do intervals.  The legs are finally adapting to the work and the recovery from effort sessions and races is improving every week so there really isn't an excuse.

I'd say I've finally maximised the training I am doing and I promised myself no major overhaul to training anymore so adding in intervals and keeping the main stuff the same is the way forward.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block