Planning ...

Right now things certainly feel like they are coming to a plateau.  Gateaux would be better if I am honest.

Racing tomorrow, not exactly sure how it'll go but I do know I am roughly in the same ball park as last time.

Need to make a decision soon.  Do I continue as is?  I'm in ~17 min 5k shape and running track races and the training isn't exactly back breaking. 

Do I push on and run only or do I switch out a couple of runs for bike sessions and look at going down the duathlon route to keep the tri door open should one day the choppers fuck off and make the sport fun again?

If I run - do I build mileage and lengthen everything with a view to Frostbites, 10ks and halfs?  Or do I add some track sessions in and bring some speed to the table for 800 + 1500s - with a view to indoors and short stuff next season.

At the minute I'm pretty happy with what I am doing but I do need to focus more on some kind of target.  The indoor / 5k / parkrun route looks most attractive as a) I am pretty much there and b) it's better bang for buck.

It's really hard not to look at previous seasons and compare wen I was running 60-80 mile weeks - the conditioning meant I could run fast - faster than now - but that said maybe another 2 / 3 weeks of tempo and the odd shorter session will reap more.  Who nows.

Let's see how tomorrow goes to see if there's a marked improvement. I'd be pretty gutted to be much slower especially after last night. Either way, good to be back racing - 7 races on power of 10 this year - best return since 2013

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo