Southern League 3000m

Been tired this week, not quite recovered from the 1500m on Tuesday and I think lack of consistent sessions has left everything feeling a bit of a struggle.

Headed down to Walthamstow - an old haunt - for the SAL match as a non scorer in the 3k.  Actually felt today would go well, races have gone OK even if training this week has been laboured.  Warmed up well, felt confident but boy it was warm !

Race started and immediately 5 go off the front.  I lap n 75 secs - too fast but not out of control.  Reel in one fast starter over next couple of laps and split 1km in 3.12.  Shit - that's not great but I do feel pretty good.

Next km is just me working - group in front expand and then come back a little over next km.  Through 2km in 6.30 exactly, a 3.18 km.  Feels like a ot quicker than this pace.

Into the last km, run pretty hard and get to within a second of Ollie at the bell. Last laps a bit of a drag and I finish with a bit of a shit 9.54.  3.24 last km.

But disappointed with that, should really be running 9.45 but it is what it is.

Think I've got myself a bit tired with 2 x parkrun, 2 x 5km, a 1500m and a 3000m in 15 days and not a lot of solid sessions.

Next week back to the grindstone.  2/3 weeks of solid training and I reckon we'll retest the engine a bit and see what gains have been made.  To be honest 9.54 isn't THAT bad, it's just not moving forward.  Don't think I'll get another one in this season so will have to wait until next year to revisit that particular OAPB.  Certainly feels easier running 5 x 3.30kms than 3 x 3.18s !

Ideally I'll find a track 5km in August for a crack at 16.xx. 

Easy-ish run tomorrow around the hood I reckon.  Get the 40 banked for the week then look at getting back into the swing next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block