Catching up

After Tuesdays great run, Wednesday was planned rest and rest was well needed!

On Thursday I got 11 miles done for a long run. OK, not a proper long run but was still very tired after Tuesday and one of those runs where everything seemed to go wrong. Random dog attack, too hot for wind jacket but bit cold without, VERY windy and hilly and HR playing up. Didn't stop the Garmin for the dog attack but stopped it when I took my jacket off and didn't re-start! Got to roughly half way and reset the Garmin. Came back faster - 7.30 pace and got 5.35 miles. Added the extra 0.3 to round up to 11. Hot bath, lots of rest and food Thursday night to aid recovery !!

Friday went to Hinchingbrook Park and did 6 x 3:40 with recoveries ranging from 90 secs to 3 mins. Bit of a random fartlek and didn't turn the GPS on as was in the trees. Session was sandwhiched between 40 mins of jogging. Really happy as I had to tough it out over the trails, physically and mentally !! Very hard work but gave it a good effort. This is what I need to be doing extra every week from now.

Got a rub down from Stevie B afterwards and again plenty of food and water with feet up!

Saturday got out for a loop of the trails (7.2 miles) and added 6 x 10 sec strides after 4 miles. Really nice pace for HR - 147 bpm for 7:31/mm - not great but a lot better than it has been. Could have run all day and finally started to feel like I am getting into shape and maybe - just maybe Monday may go well.

Went out on the razz last night. Quite a big session and a Jager Bomb at midnight gave the obvious all night wake up / sleep shift that I knew I should be avoiding 2 nights before a pb attempt !! May get out for a half hour jog and shake the legs off tonight but I'll see what happens. If I do it will be really slow and chuck in some strides. Ideally I'd get out on the bike but it's rediculously windy out there today.

Feeling positive about tomorrows 10k still. PB should be just about in the offing. Just depends how Im going to feel when I wake up I guess. At least worst case I should run at least what I ran in training on Wednesday so that's still a +75% WAVA which is good enough right now. Best case things goo off the hook and the confidence will be back right on time.

Bit dissapointed I'm not doing more cross training but it's tough getting on the bike at the minute. May be easier when Im back from holiday as I can get out with Andy & Bob at work. Oh well, it's time to try and get everything right for tomorrow now...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block