Out of gas

Thursday managed 6 nice and easy to loosen the legs off at 9/mm for 140 bpm. Far too high for pace but I was shattered. Got out in the evening for a track session, mile warm up and then 5 x 200 in 31, 30, 29, 30, 29. Not bad but fading last 50 with lack of strength. Followed up with 6 laps including 3 barriers at SC high warm down at a brisk pace. Nice and lots to come so happy with where my base speed is at.

Friday managed the same 18 mile bike ride, Garmin (all 3!) dead but felt faster and wasn't nearly as tired at the end. Windy as fu*k too! Think the route is too hilly for me at the minute, its basically up and down all the way with some big lumps in there. Will do something flat this week, just to compare what it feels like because to be perfectly honest the hour on the bike feels harder than 3 running and I always thought it was supposed to be the other way around !!!

No run off the bike on Friday, I was far too tired. Bike was a hard session (no bike legs) and Thursday probably took too much out of me.

Today, binned it completely. Needed to rest, was KNACKERED ! Legs were all over the shop. Missus and kids are ill so not sure if I have something new or same old kicking in the system but a good stretch tonight and hopefully get a good run in tomorrow.

Swim kit arrived on Friday - trunks and goggles so I'll make my pool debut at the gym on Monday !!

Not sure where I am at the minute. Confident I could run sub 18 5k so I'll say Im in 17.40 shape as a guess. Won't run the planned 60 miles this week but came up short on the fitness, just far too tired at the end of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block