Loneliness of the long distance runner

Wow, ups and downs this week. After my very slow long 'un on Wednesday I made the track on Thursday night with intentions of doing an extended warm up / cool down and 4 x 200m strides.

Mile warm up @ 7/mm ish pace with DC then stretch (not nearly enough) and into strides and the session. 200m slow walk recovery and running with DC & 2 kids. 30 for the first rep off the back. 30 for the 2nd getting dropped by just over a second. Rest their 3rd and 31 for my 3rd waaayyy off the back (2 and a bit secs). 31 for the last one - same gap and I just can't get my leg turnover up.

6 laps cool down with out barriers this week after my calves tightened last week.

Plan was 17 miles on Friday but due to things at home only managed to get out for a planned hour. 3 miles in I had dropped it to 6 miles. Felt awful, 8:20/mm was a slog and seriously felt a minute a mile quicker.

Today wasn't sure what to do. Could (should) have rested but felt like doing something quicker and over a half decent distance. Used an old favorite to rinse something like current MP over 7 and a half miles with some tempo and easy mixed up.

10 wu, 15 MP, 1 easy, 15 HMP, 10 cd

10:00 @ 132 @ 7:21 (think this was slower)
15:00 @ 159 @ 6:37
01:00 @ 132 @ 8:02
15:00 @ 170 @ 6:09
10:00 @ 151 @ 8:05

Really pleased with this after the weeks training. MP section came out at 6:37 pace and felt really comfortable. Considering 8/mm was very hard yesterday this is a great turn.

Stopped after the MP section and stretched off - wore the Rockets today and they are a bit harsh.

15 min HMP worked out to tempo. Was sub 6 for first mile and working. Last part was comfortable just holding avge HR to 169/170. Dissapointing pace for tempo, dont think I could run a half at this pace but could run 10 miles easy enough.

6:52/mm for 155 bpm is pretty good considering what I've had this week. Been hard work but have run through it. If I can pick up over the week Im going to be close to a pb next weekend.

Brings up 50 miles for the week - first time for 7 weeks so happy with that and first 7 day running week for 8 weeks (only 3 this year I think). Avge pace was slow but 2 x 12 milers, 2 x track sessions and 1 longer interval session I hope this is working !!

Might try and bike tomorrow night depending what time I get home from footy. If not could try and get out early doors before the kids are up. I'll see how we wake up ! Swim again on Monday, enjoyed it last week. Bike twice next week as I'll try amd ease up for the HBO 10k pb attempt off 85% fitness :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo