The Road Ahead

To get straight to the point, things are not progressing quite as well as I'd like. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with where I am at considering some of the runs I've had recently but it's not where I want to be.

Base training isn't really happening, I just don't seem to be able to hit the volume I need to. And with my race limit coming up at a mighty 5 miles over the next few months I think I need to take the gamble and start reducing the volume and increasing the pace. At least it means dropping (mainly) to one run a day I can hit some of the triathlon stuff I want to get done.

I'm away from Friday - Friday with the family and friends and training is going to be frowned upon so I need to work out where I can fit that in.

In my head I am thinking run wise that my week will look something like this...

Mon pm) 5 recovery @ 7:30/mm
Tue am) 30 easy pm) track
Wed 1hr35 @ 140 bpm
Thur Long intervals
Fri 1 hour (6:45/mm)
Sat REST
Sun 45 steady

For approx 50 mpw. Mix of paces and time in there but the ambition is to see the pace improve for HR. Easy running @ 140 bpm Steady running @ 155 bpm. Will aim to swim monday afternoon and bike somewhere on Saturday !!

Obviously I have races coming up so I think the best thing would be rest or easy day before the race and bin off whatever gets lost through racing. Next mile stone is sub 35 10k shape. That's 90 secs or 15 secs per mile. As a rule I reckon I need to be knocking out 13 miles @ 1:35 to be in that shape so I'll use that as my benchmark. Happy running !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo