Running Schedule

So back to running.  April was supposed to be my 'base' month of training - lots of slow miles with some quick stuff thrown in to build the engine to kick on for a track and 5k road season.  Unfortunately things weren't to be.   2 days off in week 1, 3 days off in week 2, 3 days off in week 3 and 5 days off in week 4 meaning I only ran 135 miles for the month although if I had run to capacity it would have been way over 250 miles.

So, I am in a quandary as to just go back to base work OR incorporate a base / speed programme.   I think sucking it up and doing more hard stuff and some miles (although not big miles) is the way forward.

Monday 
am) 6
pm) 6

Tuesday
Track session

Wednesday
am) 12 easy
pm) 4

Thursday
Longer intervals (2 x 10min)

Friday
am) 6
pm) 6

Saturday
8 steady with 3 x 3 min @ 5k pace

Sunday 
12 steady

Gives me a nice base and some speed to build off.  A month of this and I will be race fit.  If I haven't lost too much fitness (36 10k shape to start) I should be down to 34 by the end of a hard month BUT I need to hit the key sessions and keep 60+ miles after week 1.  There are no real long runs but 2 x 12 miles (I hard one very easy will build the engine plenty).

For the first week I am planning to run 50% - half of everything to get the legs used to running again.

This programme is adaptable to include some additional swimming and cycling once I get the bloody bike also.

Next month I will probably replace a long bike ride with Fridays running and one of the swims with Mondays run.

For now, I just hope to run a 50% track session (6 x 400) tonight with no complaints for the body!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block