Is it worth it?

You have to ask yourself that daily at this age. Is the effort I put in worth the reward at the other end.

I can't turn off the old competitor feelings.  I still think I can be one of the best in the country, or the world, even if the results and training don't reflect it.  Even writing that down looks absolutely laughable. I feel that way because I've overcome the odds in the past and done it.  A distant past clearly!  But I've always said to be really good at something so demanding you have to be a bit broken inside!

My foot is in a bad way.  I can't get to the physio anytime soon.  The pain is under the heel, near where the achillies inserts the heel.  Possibly just plantar faschia, could be a stress fracture, could be cubiod.  Could be any small number of things.  It's painful to walk though which is a bad sign, 3 days on from last run.

The aqua jogging is a god send.  30 mins and 60 mins last 2 days, at least I can do something 'productive'.

I'd like to think I'll come out of this soon, if it's just plantar faschia it should ease off.  Whatever happens though I'll need to make some kind of change.  Running form, strength specific calf / ankles - not sure exactly what but pointless recovering and then just slowly deteriorating it.  Homework to be done !!

So, is it still worth it?  Yeah, right now I think it is.  From 17.37 it's a short - and well paced - step to sub 17 in quick time.  But I'm not sure I can keep going like this, I'm 45 years old hobbling around the house all day - fuck that !

Starting from scratch - yeah I'd 100%can it I think but from here I'm patient.

Really hard watching everyone train while I'm in this hole but need to be DC positive at the minute

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo