W4 D5 :: Going Long

Long, slow & easy does it today.

Scouted this route for a week or so, bit longer than usual run - actually longest run of 2020.  Plan was to go nice and easy after intervals yesterday, just run to feel and try and manage the foot through it.

Bit achey at first but the Infinity Reacts did their job and by the end was all good.

Run was probably a couple of miles too long as everything else started aching but looking at the whole hard / easy style of training this isn't a bad thing.

Could do with getting used to these type of longer runs between intervals, should really help everything.  Pace should come down as the body adapts but no need to go too hard or fast just yet.

Trails for me are always pretty slow, I just don't get the push off I do on road so always 30 secs - minute a mile slower than a flat road route which I'll take.

Mentally quite an easy route today on the head, very quiet trails and pretty scenic. Couple of bits were twisty under foot but all in all it was a solid 8 / 10 I'd say and one I'll keep in the regular rotation.

Plan last few days has been : solid endurance, 3k speed, rest, 800m speed, economy/ active recovery and I've pretty much nailled every session.

Tomorrows planned 4 x 1km is a 5k session and Sunday is another economy day.

It's very important for me to have specific goals from each session so I know what I am hoping to achieve.

Fingers crossed today's run didn't take too much out of me so I can nail the session tomorrow.  Plan will be to keep the focus on being around 5k pace and not doing anything silly!  So 3:25 - 3:30 per km is the target, hopefully it feels too comfortable!

Sunday a similar distance run to today, nice and easy just focus on economy so will wear the HRM and keep below 145 bpm

Post run foot feels tender but not too bad, after rolling no worse than pre run which is a good sign.  If intervals keep aggravating it I'd say a move towards HADD style training for a few weeks to see if that helps but my preferred route is A1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo