W2 D6 :: What a difference a day makes

So I took the rest day yesterday. It was needed but I really wanted to get 2 weeks in before I did.

Funny enough my numbers were plateauing a bit on TP which gave the indication it made no sense to trudge on but at least give y legs a chance to come back.

Ate like a cunt yesterday.  Jesus knows how many calories I ate and not many were in the healthy side of the table.

Decent kip and woke up today feeling much better.  I knew a steady run would give a decent result.

Set out on the faster route (Cambourne trail, up to Bears, straight through the middle of the hood then back over the hill and home the same way I came in). I'd planned to stop as usual, just a mental break as that's what I always do.

Start felt comfortable, pace wasn't crazy - 6:50 ish but settled down quickly down to 6:30s.  On the road section pace dropped all the way down to low 6:20s and then coming home it stayed there.

6:22/mm avge for 6.3 miles.

HR was pretty high - above threshold for the business end.  Not sure I either have something in system, am still tired or battery is getting flat but either way it didn't feel particularly hard.  Pace felt good, the low 6 bits felt like I was moving but not flying.  A good sign.

Tomorrow I plan to attempt the virtual 5k relay so it'll be a much better test of fitness but off the back of that session it seems to be paying off.

Feel pretty good today, obviously now I'll take a couple of weeks lower mileage but better pace (hopefully) and see the effects of that.

Strange times at the minute.  Thursday night was frustrated but today much happier with my fitness.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block