Week 5 :: Done - It's week 5 not week 2 lol

OK, lets clear that up.  5 weeks have been training properly, forget the intervals based week it's all been merged lol 

Decent week bagged with a longest run for some time today.  Jake wanted a half marathon so we did it today.  Bless him, it was about 12.1 mile too far haha

At 6.5 he was struggling.  To be fair I didn't run over 10 until I was about 19 so fair play to him for getting it done, it was a real death march.

For me, a very easy relaxed run.  13.1 miles @ 8:36/mm - was 8's for the first half so finished up in the old Turner long run pace group so works out nice and ideal time on feet.

Week was spot on.

Monday, a solid steady -> threshold @ 6:31/mm.  Tuesday rested, Wednesday 8  easy over the trails at 7.12/mm, Thursday 7.5 easy around Cambourne at 7/mm, Friday very easy lake loops felt like I was walking just under 8/mm, Saturday a really good hard session of kms on the gravel and long run today.

Definite progress, fitness has increased.  Next week, will keep similar however would like to try and do 400m reps Thursday and I think the balance will be right.  I'll also try today's half in the opposite direction and see how steady I can make that to around 150-155 bpm HR and see if I can get in the mid 1.30s.

Happy with how things are going.  Foot today wasn't wrapped, still not 100% but not a million miles off.  If the run to threshold tomorrow goes OK I think I can start looking at getting a 5k controlled TT in at some stage to get a guage on fitness.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo