Week 3 :: Planning

Plan for this week which I set last week (changed a bit).

Mon - REST
Tue - 7 inc 5k Virtual relays attempt
Wed - 12 lsr
Thu - 8 easy
Fri  - 5 threshold
Sat - 10 easy
Sun - 9 steady

51 miles 

So today is a rest day.  I am buzzing to run if I'm honest which is a good sign that things are coming to fruition.  2 rest days in short succession off a solid build should lead to a decent run for tomorrows 5k attempt.  Well, I'll be ready for it - not sure it'll exactly be a fast time.

Right now I'd be very happy to go under 18 mins if I can get some effort in.  I've never been one for training races but I'll have a go and see what happens.

Wednesday I will finally get a proper long run in. I need to get a longer than 10 in every week to take things seriously.  I'm keen to get the 2 bigger sessions in early after a build to get the CTL back on track.

The rest of the week will be pretty easy but I will go and do a threshold 5 on Friday.  The HR has been way high lately so not expecting anything amazing pace wise but I can use this and the 5k as a guide for effort and review VDOT paces again going forward.

More miles planned that last week but off a fresh start I don't see any problem.

Not entirely sure what to do the following week but the next few days will give an indicator.  Also a lot depends on how the foot holds up.  Feels pretty good today so hopefully tomorrow is all a.o.k  It'll either be a repeat of this (or close but swap out some intervals) or back to the miles if the foot isn't getting better.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block