W2 D4 :: Steady the ship

Decided 10 easy / steady in the end today. Was a good shout in the end.

Looking at previous routes - all the 8.5 mile ones - they mentally seem much further than they are!  Today's route was just exploring all the trails in Bourn. And to keep it tight, just a straight out and back.

Out and back routes suit me much better than loops, no idea why but I've always seemed to run better knowing I am heading back home.

First 7 miles today went by in a breeze.  At 8 I had a weird coughing fit.  Think hay fever from the rapeseed kicked in.  At one stage I thought I was having a panic attack as my throat felt like it was closing up.  Fucking game.

Missed the loop around the wood and headed home - was 9.25 miles so looped around the park and lane twice to make up 10.  The last 0.75 miles felt worse than the first 7!

10 miles @ 7:52/mm - lets call it 8s.  Felt relaxed, 145 bpm and 1133 beats per mile which is disappointing but not unexpected.

Fatigue is climbing, it's a real dull tiredness which is great in all honestly.  That marathon tired is what I need right now.  The plan - this changes constantly - is to run 10 tomorrow (in total, probably a short treadmill to double), 5 very VERY slow Saturday and then run the virtual 5k relay on Sunday.  

Should make it to 60 miles for the week which seems disappointing after last week but in fairness I am just not ready to run 70 mile weeks.

Sunday will be interesting.  No idea what I can run on tired legs.  Actually, scratch that I have no idea what I can bloody run on fresh legs :) but nevertheless I'll have a go at sub 6's and see what happens.

Taking each day as it comes.  Really expected to be resting today as the foot was sore yesterday but some rehab and tlc last night and actually today it's been pretty good and hardly any pain on the run.  It's most likely to respond better to trails so I'll probably just keep running locally on them for a while.

Not thought much about next week.  I'll be resting Monday if I manage the next 3 days for sure.  Probably aim to run 50-60 miles a week as that's ball park my limit.  I can run fairly comfortably hard for 6 miles or so, so maybe on - off on something like 5-6 miles steady with an 8-10 mile jog.

Mon - rest
Tue - 10 easy
Wed - 6 steady
Thu - 8 easy
Fri - 5 threshold
Sat - 10 easy
Sun - 8 steady

There's 47 miles - I only need 3 miles of treadmill in there and we're at 50 so maybe that's a good place to start.  I'm not concerned with pace just yet but it'll be nice to back off the miles some and get some good pace runs in.  We'll see !

At the minute just tired but getting it done.

Stats - CTL 50, ATL 71, TSB -20

These are all heading up since Jan, could probably do with a 'sensible' week next week and see how the adaptions take place.  50 CTL and positive TSB is what I would consider race shape.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block