W2 D3 :: Bottoming out

Wow, that was a shocking run today.

I knew I was tired but fuck, threshold HR was 26 secs a mile slower than it should be.  From the off I struggled to get going.  Rhythm was shocking - well, I'd have taken shocking, it was non existent.

Got to half way and stopped for a quick stretch - noting unusual there.  Couple of runners passed so decided to loop instead of out and back.  4 miles in I started to struggle and last 1.5 or so was pretty brutal.

A mile jog back after stopping at 6 and it was 7 miles @ 6:53/mm avge.  The threshold was at 6:46/mm.

Zero chance of doubling it on the treadmill - I feel shattered.

ATL is 69 and Form -20, they've levelled off as the last couple of weeks have been bigger.  ATL has been 60+ for nearly a week when it's been in the 40's recently.

Hoping this extra work pays off soon and things start to come good.  It's not going to adapt until I rest though - that may be sooner rather than later as foot was very sore today.

Will do some serious rehab on the foot tonight.  Am planning to go slightly longer tomorrow at an easy-ish pace.  Possibly aggrivated foot by running mainly on road and pushing pace a bit.

Looking back, it's no wonder I used to be well happy to crack 7/mm on runs.  Jesus off mileage it is fucking hard !!

Feels like I can't drop any lower that where I am at. Really want to keep going with the miles until Sunday but may need to get sensible.  If I can get a long run in at some stage should still crack 60 with a rest day so not all bad.  Maybe just need to be more patient.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo