W2 D2 :: Long intervals

Fuck it, lets call it week 2.  It'll get confusing later I'm sure but who cares. It's only my boy DC reading this and I'll read back when I get injured again looking for inspiration to go back from 19 min 5ks to 18 min 5ks haha !!

Feeling good today, session is 8 x 400m with 400 jog back - same as last week.

Not sure why but have an overwhelming desire to go back to just doing steady miles.  Really enjoyed yesterday's run, it's probably just that.  Always feels good when you can bank 6:30 pace feeling pretty relaxed.  BUT the plan is 8 x 400m and I need to do that because that's what worked last week.  

STOP...BEING...A...PUSSY - push through and get the job done!

So Monday runs are about feeling relaxed at a decent pace.  Last week 7:05/mm this week 6:33/mm.  Def worked, think HR was pretty high both times but the feeling was good.  Fitness will take a bit of time to adapt.  The run aim is to handle a decent pace.  Middle 12 mins or so was at 6:15/mm on the road.  This run will start to be getting a couple of miles in at sub 6 pace in the next few weeks BUT it's mainly being relaxed.  TICK

Today's session is 8 x 400m off 400m jog back.  Last week was a little pacey if I am honest but will aim to keep feeling as quick again.  The aim is just a little quicker than 3k pace (5:00-5:10/mm) BUT it's off road and slightly down hill.  Last week avge was around 4:50/mm which I am happy with - if anything I'll aim to bring the recovery 400m a little faster as I do an outright speed session too.  The aim of the session is to run quick but relaxed.

Set up Zwift for Jacob earlier on the treadmill. I'll need to start using the treddy more I reckon to help the foot recover and Zwift will be perfect for that.  The boys do a lot of sessions on there so it's ideal for them to as it's a competitve motivation to watch themselves flying past people!  

Stats today (pre run) - 51, 53, -9 and the latter 2 explain why I'm feeling good!  Session later today, rest day tomorrow and speed work Thursday.  Long tourist run on Friday, km reps Saturday and Long run (more steady this week) Sunday and week 2 will be done.  Just as always, hoping foot plays along !!

So, session outcome ...

Sacked it off, took today as rest day. Not ideal but warmed up for set stretching and rolling and there's a dull ache on the foot and I'm pretty certain doing intervals is not going to help, even with rest tomorrow.  Sometime's you just know when it's not quite right and that was today.

Adapting under these conditions seems right.  I'll x the session, there's ages before we race again so no desperate need to push on.  Pretty annoying but I have to remember I am managing a pretty big niggle at the minute.

Bit of me is wondering if I am just being a pussy but then again I do not need a knock back right now.  Feeling really good so will just move on to tomorrow.  Plan is 8 miles easy / steady so should be pretty fresh for that.




.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Start of Torun Specific Block