W2 D3 :: Steady

Foot sore today.  The rest day did nothing !

Not sure why it's so bad, possibly running Monday in the Next%s, possibly running a little quicker.

Either way, annoyed and feel like I've wasted a day off.

Back on the plan today.  Last weeks rest day, today's run was a steady 8.

Pretty comfortable, stayed on the trails and best pace I've managed on them this year. 7.12/mm avge, HR a bit high at 153 bpm but still feels like it's not reading right as I can't see it was that effort level.

Wore the infinity reacts, my go-to shoe for keeping running.  Foot wasn't million % but could run without too much hinderance. It's a bit like a nagging tooth ache but in my foot!

Feel easy today.  Finished off by the pool with some S&C and hurdle specific drills.  Lots of them!  Bought a cheap adjustable hurdle, so far up to 30" with the drills, plenty of height to go and will need more run up but it's a start.  Getting the old feelings back.  Drive with the lead leg, pull through hard to nail landing transition, use the arms to get upper body into position, throw lead leg out right.  It's all coming back slowly !!

Plan change tomorrow.  I'll do Tuesday's session if I can. If foot isn't OK for intervals it'll be steady hour again, maybe some short tempo bursts in there.  As long as I can run I'm ok but foot does not seem to like carbon plate shoes - it felt bullet proof before Monday and was same before the 5k in 4%s.

Enjoying the trails, will go longer and slower on Friday getting lost again, may head out to Wimpole and see how I get on.

Still feeling pretty fit, not sure what sort of shape I am in but I guess if foot was Ok and racing I'd be looking to clip sub 17 off?  A lot better shape than when i did the badly paced 17.36.  Who knows, not very relevant at the minute !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo