W4 D1 :: New beginnings (hmm, heard that before)

OK, not really, it's just same old training!

Great sleep last night - finally.  Woke up and set the new plan in action.  Coffee, stretch, coffee, run treadmill shakeout, ice bucket foot challenge, breakfast.

So the shakeout run was just to get the body awake and moving.  2 miles @ 10 kmph.  Very (very) easy and slow but I used the time to tryout foot wear and running tecckers.

First up, the new Next%.  They felt shit on the foot #fucksake so 5 mins in I ditched them.  Pulled the old Peggy 35 Turbo from the 'shoeseum' and they felt amazing on.  These really are possibly the best shoes I've ever worn.  You can run miles and race 5k in them.  Felt OK, not 100% but much better that the Nexts.

5 mins in them then slipped the Peggy Turno 2s on. These seemed to feel the best.  Probably because they are fresher but either way much better.

I focussed on form too.  The biggest winner was keeping my head and eye line much higher. This probably pulls my back into line. I run usually looking at the floor (always have) so this will be a big change but 100% better head up.

I also thought about a big rear leg pull up towards my arse and driving higher on the forward stroke with the quads.

*Seems* to make things much better.

Dunked the foot in ice water afterwards for 15 mins and I'll do same again after tonight's run.

Good start to the plan.  Still need to get this foot in the right ball park and we will start to see results.

Evening run - foot ached al the way around.  Worked it but still not 100%.  Not enough to not run but it's going to affect quality for sure.

6.3 miles @ 7.05/mm for 149 bpm - pretty much perfect for now.

Little fatigued but could have gone harder.  To be fair I've not cut back for a while so just ploughing on.  Not an amazing result but getting it done I guess, the stress of the foot issue just makes everything harder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canyon Speedmax CF 9.0 Ltd Review

Reboot - It's all about 2024

Progressive Tempo